Meet Your Louisville Orthodontist
Dr. Carrie Jennings is detail-oriented and actively studies current research and topics in orthodontics. She encourages every patient to be an active participant in their treatment and prides herself on providing the most efficient treatment that results in beautiful smiles. She earned her undergraduate degree at Hanover College. Dr. Jennings graduated from the University of Kentucky College of Dentistry with honors in 2003 and then spent an additional two years at the St. Louis University Center for Advanced Dental Education. By the time she completed that program in 2005, she had finished a fellowship in cleft palate and craniofacial anomalies and earned a master’s degree in dentistry with a focus on orthodontics.
Her professional memberships include:
- Past president of Kentucky Association of Orthodontists
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Southern Association of Orthodontists
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon
- American Dental Association
- Kentucky Dental Association
- Louisville Dental Society
- Kentucky Association of Women Dentists
Why an Orthodontist in Louisville? Orthodontist vs. Dentist: An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist.
Not every dentist is qualified to be an orthodontist, even though every orthodontist starts as a dentist. Dr. Jennings, like all orthodontists, continued her education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification. Dr. Jennings has spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth, as have all orthodontists. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the necessary treatment plan for you.
Why does it matter if you see your Louisville Orthodontist?
Dentists receive basic orthodontic training so they can perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who don’t need to see an orthodontist yet. Specialists, on the other hand, receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic issues.
- Providing more treatment options, with a variety of braces or therapies to choose from
- Having personal experience treating multiple cases that are similar to your unique concerns and anatomical characteristics.
- More efficient treatment and visits, because it’s the office’s main focus.
- Knowing that you’ll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have worse than usual bite discrepancies that need to be dealt with
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
While you may think it’s easier to have your orthodontic work done by your dentist, convenience shouldn’t be a barrier to seeing a specialist. You will only be stopping by your Louisville orthodontic offices every six to eight weeks.
And don’t let price be a problem either! Jennings Orthodontics is proud to provide affordable treatment in the Louisville area.