If you have noticed one or more of the following dental conditions or bite abnormalities, then it might be time to talk to a Mt. Washington or Louisville orthodontist about braces. Perhaps you have been concerned about the health of your teeth, a jaw joint problem, or the attractiveness of your smile. Have you wondered if braces or some other orthodontic treatment could be helpful? If so, take a look in the mirror and ask yourself the following questions:
- Do your teeth protrude, flare, or stick out?
- Does your bite seem deep? Do the upper teeth seem to overlap the lower teeth too much when you bite?
- Do you have an underbite? Do your upper teeth fit inside or behind your lower teeth when you bite together?
- Do you have an open bite? Are you able to bring the upper and lower front teeth together when your back teeth are closed?
- Do you notice that there is too much or too little space between the teeth? Do you notice gaps or crowding?
- How do the midlines line up? With the teeth together, is the line between the two front teeth even with the line between the two lower teeth?
- Do you have a crossbite? When the teeth are together, do the upper back teeth fit inside of the lower back teeth?
Realistically speaking, there is no such thing as a ‘perfect’ bite or smile, but there are guidelines that help us to identify the normal limits of a healthy, functioning smile. When the position or alignment of your teeth falls outside of these normal limits, we can work together to find the best way to bring your smile into the healthy range. The solution can be found in metal or clear braces, clear aligners, jaw surgery, or any combination of these proven orthodontic techniques.
If you were able to answer ‘yes’ to any of the 7 signs listed above, don’t hesitate to contact an orthodontist in Mt. Washington or Louisville today to learn more about your options for getting a healthier smile.